The students at Bromley Beacon Academy all arrive with a statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN) also known as an Education Health Care Plan. Because the students have often missed education as a result of their behaviour or because of specific learning difficulties, they frequently arrive at Bromley Beacon Academy with comparatively low levels of prior attainment.
Aims of our Curriculum Programme
- promote high standards in reading, writing and mathematics
- allow students to develop a knowledge of themselves and their environment
- enable students to acquire knowledge and skills in science
- enable students to be confident in the use of ICT
- promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- promote physical and mental development and an awareness of the importance of a healthy lifestyle
- enable students to be aware of the importance of and participate in the arts
- develop the personal and social skills of each child
- provide equality of access and the opportunity for all students to make progress
- prepare students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experience of adult life.